Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween

We had a lot of fun this past weekend for Halloween. Simon was Batman and Spiderman. Alvin was Ironman and Theodore was a little spider.

One of the hardest parts about being a stepmom is that I am not with the children all of the time. You may think well isn't that easier???? BUT the answer is a resounding NO and that is because I do not always know what is going on with the boys. For example, on Friday I attended Simon's School Halloween Parade. I was really excited to see him and as he was walking by I see a woman put out her hand to give him five.
I never saw this woman before and I had no clue who was giving my SIMON a "high five". It must have been one of his mom's friends but it was quite difficult since yes I was the one who gave him a bath that morning, got him dressed for school, picked him up and made him lunch and put him in his costume. Yet I had no clue who was saying hello to him.

I am not sure how many other stepmoms are bothered by this, but I am definitely bothered by the fact that I did not know this woman.

Otherwise we had a great Halloween. I took the boys Trick-or-Treating with some of the other moms from the neighborhood and their children. Alvin had a blast since many of the kids who came went to his school.

Also, this weekend was the first time that Alvin called me "MOM".....wow it was such an amazing feeling. I never realized that such a small word goes so far.

We live on a main road but our home is pushed really far back. I would say our driveway takes only about 5 minutes to walk down BUT it is an extremely LONG 5 minutes. We actually had no Trick-or-Treaters. We got the house ready and placed seven pumpkins outside. We also bought a couple bags of candy....but NO ONE showed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment